Engineering and Manufacturing Lead, Sun Coast Equipment Trailers
Position Title: Engineering and Manufacturing Lead, Sun Coast Trailers
Location: Coral Springs, FL
This fast-growing local Enclosed Trailer manufacturer is expanding to regional-level sales and production in the next 18 months. We build the best enclosed cargo trailers in the market and are moving into a new production space in the second half of 2023. The production capacity of the new facility is upwards of 1k+ units, with the ability to expand into other related product lines
Under new ownership, this company is looking for a manufacturing lead that has an engineering background, experience with managing and leading, is enthusiastic about solving problems and growing a business. This candidate also ideally has fabrication and welding experience as well.
As our engineering and manufacturing lead, you will be responsible for managing the production and designs of all new trailers. You will work closely with our sales and marketing team to understand the needs of our clients and develop innovative solutions to meet their requirements.
- Manage the production process, working with our manufacturing team to ensure that trailers are built to the highest standards of quality.
- Use SolidWorks to design and develop new trailer models, ensuring they comply with industry regulations. Incorporate those designs into our manufacturing process.
- Work closely with our sales and marketing team to incorporate customer feedback into new trailer designs.
- Conduct regular quality control checks to ensure that all trailers meet our standards for safety and performance.
- Identify areas for improvement in our production process and recommend solutions to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Manage all personnel including a fabrication shop, paint booth and finishing section. Totaling between 18-24 employees.
- Masters degree in mechanical engineering or a related field preferred. Bachelor’s degree acceptable with management experience.
- Experience manufacturing cargo, heavy equipment, concession or other types of trailers. Management experience is a requirement.
- Deep knowledge of SolidWorks to design mechanical systems or products. Ability to take a customer requirement or request, create a workable blueprint for a fabrication shop, and direct knowledge and experience of manufacturing processes and materials.
- Leadership skills and experience
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a willingness to learn and adapt.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
If you are a talented Leader with a Mechanical Engineering background and a passion for designing high-quality products, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Our company offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals in a fast-paced and challenging environment.