NATDA Trailer Show's Hotel Partners Issue Updated Cleaning Procedures
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - Several companies, including hotels and airlines, associated with the 2020 NATDA Trailer Show have issued updated cleaning procedures in response to COVID-19. With thousands of people gathering in Nashville for the annual trade show, cleanliness is at the top of everyone’s mind. The additional efforts are a clear indication that the city’s companies are taking public health seriously.
Many chains, including Marriott International and Hilton, announced the inclusion of electrostatic sprayers (with hospital-grade disinfectant to sanitize surfaces throughout the hotel) and ultraviolet light technology (for sanitizing keys for guests and devices for associates) in the updated procedures. These changes keep the companies in line with the highest standards of the CDC’s cleaning recommendations. Other changes, aimed at increasing overall safety for guests, include:
- Public space surface areas will be thoroughly treated with hospital-grade disinfectants with increased frequency.
- Guest room surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants and Marriott will place disinfecting wipes in each room for guests’ personal use.
- Signage in its lobbies to remind guests to maintain social distancing protocols.
- Removing or re-arranging furniture to allow more space for distancing.
- Partitions at front desks to provide an extra level of precaution for guests and associates.
- Working with supply chain partners to make masks and gloves available to associates.
- Installing more hand sanitizing stations at the entrances to its hotels, near the front desk, elevator banks and fitness and meeting spaces.
- Reminding guests that in over 3,200 hotels, they can choose to use their phones to check in, access their rooms and make special requests.
- Room service will be specially packaged and delivered right to the door without contact.
- Enhanced sanitation guidelines and training videos for all operational associates that includes hygiene and disinfecting practices.
- All food handlers and supervisors are trained on safe food preparation and service practices.
- Food and beverage operations are required to conduct self-inspection using the company’s food safety standards as guidelines, and compliance is validated by independent audits.
- Modifying its operational practices for in-room dining and designing new approaches to buffets.
- HiltonCleanStay Room Seal, part of an overall health-focused HiltonCleanStay initiative, to indicate that guest rooms haven’t been accessed since they were cleaned
- Extra disinfection of top 10 high touch areas in guest rooms like light switches and door handles
- Increased cleaning frequency of public areas
- Guest-accessible disinfecting wipes at entrances and high-traffic areas
- Enhanced cleaning for fitness centers
- Reduced paper amenities (like pads and guest directories) in rooms
- Enhanced cleaning & other changes to buffets, in-room dining and meeting spaces
- Industry-leading contactless check-in and check-out with Digital Key at more than 4,700 properties globally
- Evaluation of new technologies like electrostatic sprayers with disinfecting mist and ultraviolet light to sanitize surfaces and objects
- Enhanced Team Member safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training protocols
- Use quaternary disinfectant in every guest room upon departure and all high-touch areas throughout the hotel, including room keys
- Adhere to proper and frequent handwashing practices and recommended social distancing guidelines
- Sanitize and change serving utensils and serving dishes multiple times per meal period (breakfast and 5:30 Kickback), per procedure
- Use chlorine bleach for all linen and terry loads of laundry
- Clean and change filters in all HVAC systems and equipment per manufacturers’ recommendations
- Instruct team members to not report to work if ill
- Continental breakfast and 5:30 Kickback® will be offered in a grab-and-go format so that all guests may enjoy food and beverage options in their rooms and avoid congregating in public areas.
- In an effort to respect guests’ space and to keep guests and its team safe, it will not be providing housekeeping service for the duration of a stay. Should guests need additional towels or other amenities, it will deliver the items and place them outside doors.
NATDA will continue to monitor all partners involved in the 2020 NATDA Trailer Show and will announce any procedural updates as they become available.
To learn more, please visit www.natda.org