Source: NetSource Media
With new social media “apps” popping up daily, it can be hard to keep up with the latest trends. However, trying to add every new platform to your marketing strategy can do more harm than hurt. Instead of jumping on every new app you see, try focusing on some of the most popular platforms that have been around for more than a few years. Today’s blog will give you some insights and tips on using Pinterest and Instagram to grow your dealership.
Instagram is no longer just a teenager’s way to post pictures of their favorite meals or outfits. Since launching Instagram for Business, this social media platform has become more sophisticated and tailored to helping businesses of all types expand their marketing reach. In order to make an effective business page for your Instagram, try these techniques:
- Use a Variety of Images – As an RV dealer, your online marketing goal should be to use social media to drive leads (phone calls, contact form submissions, visits to the dealership, etc.). In order to do this, your Instagram account must use good quality, appealing images of your dealership, RVs, staff, and more. Incorporate pictures of happy customers with their new RVs, or even quotes from customer testimonials to keep your account interesting for your followers. Posting unit after unit with basic descriptions and specs will cause people to scroll through your posts without wanting to learn more.
- Develop a Strong Fan Base – Building a large following on any social media platform takes time, but there are ways to speed up that process. Because Instagram is now owned by Facebook, you can link your two accounts so your Facebook fans can see you Instagram photos directly on your Facebook page. You should also use relevant and popular hashtags in all your Instagram posts so your posts can be seen by people who have interest in RVs, traveling, camping, or anything related to your dealership. Another way to gain more followers is to engage with other accounts on Instagram. Get on your Instagram account at least twice a day to check notifications, like other photos, comment, and follow other accounts.
- Try Video – Videos have begun to take over social media, and social media users often find them more interesting and engaging than regular photos. As an RV dealer, you have plenty of material to use for videos. Do 360 videos or walkthroughs of your units, take a video of your maintenance team fixing an RV part, or shoot a customer testimonial video (with their permission).
For more tips on Instagram for Business, specifically, check out their blog.
Pinterest provides huge potential for driving traffic to your website by allowing you to share pictures with millions of Pinterest users that link back to your home page, detail pages, service pages, and everything in between. Building a strong Pinterest account takes time, and you have to be careful not to dump all your photos and links onto your boards at once. Here are a few tips:
- Set Up Your Account – As a business, your Pinterest account should be professional and set up as such. Create your account using the name of your dealership and use your logo as your profile photo. You will also want to include a link to the home page of your website, so anyone visiting your page can access your dealership website with ease.
- Have an Organization Strategy – Pinterest uses “Boards” to organize content, much like Facebook allows use to separate photos via albums. Your Pinterest boards should mimic the navigation and pages on your website so that people interested in a specific category can find what they need in the proper board. For example, you should have boards for each type of RV or trailer you carry (fifth wheel, toy hauler, travel trailer, etc.). You should also have boards for the brands you carry, for relevant lifestyle articles, nearby campgrounds, camping tips, RV tips, and the list goes on. Get creative with your content and pin things that you think your customers will find interesting.
- Don’t Be a Selfish Pinner – While the purpose of Pinterest is to drive traffic to your website, you should still incorporate pins from other websites and Pinterest users. If you see a relevant article about RVing tips, feel free to Pin it to one of your boards and help that content get more views. Much like Instagram, you should also be liking, commenting, and following other accounts to increase engagement and followers. Also, always remember to check the links of the websites you are pinning from, to make sure they are credible and appropriate.
- Use Rich Pins – Once you get more comfortable with your Pinterest account, you can start incorporating “Rich Pins.” These pins include extra information right on the pin itself. There are 5 types of rich pins including article, product, recipe, movie and place.
- Use Your @ Tags and # Hashtags – tagging users by inserting the @ symbol before their Pinterest name will send them a notification that you have pinned something. This can help you engage directly with users on a more personal level. You can @ other businesses, campgrounds, RVers, or anyone that is relevant to that particular pin. Pinterest also relies on hashtags to highlight keywords. Since Pinterest is a searchable social media platform, hashtags can be used to help users find pins such as #RVs #motorhomes #traveltrailers #forestrivers and much more.
GETTING STARTED ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Once you create your Instagram and Pinterest accounts and have established a good base of content, make sure you add linkable icons to your website so people can find your pages. You should also integrate all your social media platforms together, along with your blog and website. This will help you provide your customers with a wide range and variety of resources about your dealership.
If social media isn’t your thing, there are experts who can help guide you in the right direction or manage your account. Our marketing team at NetSource Media specializes in helping RV, trailer, boat, and powersports dealers set up and manage their social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, blogs, and more. If you need help with your social media, give us a call at 800-709-3240 or contact us online.